Your privacy - our commitment
We respect the privacy of individuals and enterprises.
Protecting Your Information Is Important
What information do we collect and hold?
The nature of our business means that we may collect and hold a range of information about you and the enterprise you represent. This may include:
- Management, products and services, distribution channels, marketing strategies, and any other details of the enterprise you represent;
- Shareholder, director information about the enterprise;
- Name, address, date of birth, contact details, etc. about relevant individuals;
- Details of your citizenship, residency or visa status;
- Any other information necessary that enables us to provide you with the services and products you request.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect information about you and the enterprise you represent, in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you (via email, in face to face interviews, over the telephone, on forms completed by you, or when you write to us);
- Through digital communications when you visit our website or use our mobile applications;
- Someone who knows you if they have been authorized by you;
- From government agencies and entities;
- From publicly available sources of information; and
- From our related entities, business partners and other third-parties.
You have the right not to provide information to us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need, it may affect the appropriateness of our advice or we may not be able to provide you with your requested product or service.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The information we hold about you is protected by physical, electronic (including the use of firewalls and data encryption) and procedural safeguards and we also require our service providers to follow standards of security and confidentiality.
We may need to keep your information for a significant period of time. However, we will destroy or de-identify your information when it is no longer needed by us.
Monitoring and recording your calls to us
We may monitor or record telephone calls between you and us for compliance, training and quality assurance purposes.
How we use your information?
Our main purpose for collecting information about you is to provide products and services to you, to provide you with information about those products and services, to assist you with enquiries and to better service your needs.
To do this effectively, we may use your information for a range of different purposes, such as to comply with various legal, statutory and regulatory obligations.
How we use your information for Direct Marketing
We may also use your information so that we, our related entities and other business partners can promote and market products, services and special offers. This marketing may be carried out in a variety of ways (including by email, SMS/MMS, social media or via our website) and may continue after you cease acquiring any products or services from us until you opt-out by contacting our Privacy Manager.
Who we may disclose your information to?
Depending on the product or service concerned and any restrictions which apply to the particular information, we may disclose your information to:
- Our related parties, business partners, associates and affiliates;
- Service providers and specialist advisers;
- Our third party IT service providers;
- Other financial institutions in order to facilitate payments;
- Your executor, lawyer or accountant;
- Government bodies in the country or region where you and the enterprise you represent reside or operate within;
- Anyone authorized by law to obtain information about you.
Can you deal with us anonymously?
Yes, you can choose not to disclose any of your information to us. However, the services or products we provide to you on this basis may not fully fulfill your requirements, due to limited information that we have about you or the enterprise you represent.
The following sections set out some specific privacy issues relating to our website.
Collection and handling
The only information collected whilst using our website, is the information you provide to us, for example, by completing an online form or sending us an email.
Our web server collects information for statistical purposes such as the number of users who visit the website, the date and time of visits, and the pages viewed. This is anonymous statistical data and no attempt is made to identify users or their browsing activities. We use this data to evaluate our website performance and to improve the content we display to you.
Information collected through our website or other digital facility may be stored to secure computer storage facilities in order to provide the service you have requested. If your information is stored in this way it is protected from unauthorized access through the use of passwords only, or user IDs and passwords.
Browsers can allow you to be notified when you receive a cookie and you may elect to either accept it or not. If you choose not to accept a cookie, this may impact the effectiveness of the website. Your internet service provider or other IT service provider should be able to assist you with setting your preferences.
Cookies are currently used to track overall site usage for our website, and this information is presented to us as anonymous statistics.
Links to third party websites
You should consider a third party’s privacy statement when using their website.